Pages

Writing My New Chapter

5.30.2012

How Easy Is it For You?

        The joy of learning a new software program is never on my bucket list.  Hours of sitting in front of a computer. Trial and error trying to make the program do what I thought it should do. And that's if I understand what I'm suppose to be doing.  Do I get what I wanted on the screen?  NO!  
        Why can't software instruction be like reading a non-fiction children's book? 
         I pick up the book, open to page one and start to read. By page two or three, I am learning facts, understand the topic and am lost in the book.   I love the pictures (no matter how small) and can't put the book down. I read it several times. The bibliography, index, and further reading entices me to read more about the topic.  I am "in the know" about the topic.
       We need software folks to take education classes/teach training classes.  Learn how to provide instructions/directions that people understand.  Yes, Chat does help. Yes, feedback does help,too.  Just make it simpler to understand up front and this writer will GET IT!      

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog is looking great, and I really like this post! All best wishes with the new blog!!

Unknown said...

Thanks to one of the best in the writing world!

Shannon Hitchcock ~ Children's Writer said...

Learning a new program is annoying to be sure, but keep practicing. Pretty soon it'll be old hat!