Pages

Writing My New Chapter

7.23.2012

Wait a Minute

Where does the time go in the summer? 
        My list of summer reads keeps getting longer and longer.  Why? How?
I think I know! Does this happen to you day after day?
       The big box bookstore with the best coffee and  thousands of books sits next to the mall. I can't resist the urge to stop, browse and buy more books.  Oh, instead of $100.00 a pop, I have it under control - only $25.00 - $30.00 at the checkout. On to the mall and quickly get the "must have" dress for the party.  I rush to my car knowing the bag full of books is in the car, drive home, with a plan to read all night.  Didn't happen-golly jeez!
      I pass the library as I rush to the gocery store.  I stop, rush through the double doors thinking to myself, What's a half hour of book bliss? Children books, YA, large print adult books, magazines and so much more.  Using my card, I check out a dozen children picture books to study for plot, characters and setting.   Now I wait for the rainy afternoon-it happens most afternoon in Florida.  Didn't rain!
      Drinking a cup of tea with honey, I think of all the other places books can be found in my daily life.The museum store where I docent, my local independent bookstore and the books already collecting dust on my bookshelf.  Not a good time!

Oh, joy, bliss, heaven, its time to read!
Which one comes first?
mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine    
The Kissing List by Stephanie Reents
Fifty Shades Darker  E.L. James  

What is on your list? How much time do you give to yourself to indulge in a book? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a blissful post! Summer reading is the best...